SEARCH ENGINE

Custom Search

windows/system32/winload.exe corrupt or missing...

While I was working on my laptop(HP Pavilion dv 6767tx HDD:250 GB Seagate) the system turned off abruptly. Then turned on my PC and it just prompted me a error screen. "windows/system32/winload.exe is corrupted or missing. To recover repair OS." Then I used vista installation DVD to boot and then choose repair option, once it processed it automatically said some problem with windows and prompted for auto repair. Then repair action took place and system restarted. Then system booted in windows (grub loader didn't appear prompting OS selection either windows or fedora) automatically. Then I opened my computer and found only C Drive with 119GB and with its contents. Now other partitions are missing(D, E and other ext3 linux partitions). I have some important data stored in my D drive how do I recover it back. Please help with this problem.

Partition Details:
C Drive: 119GB (Windows Vista 32-bit, NTFS)
D Drive: 80GB (NTFS)
E Drive: 10GB (HP Recovery, NTFS)
F, G Drive: 10GB (Fedora 10,ext3)
Also I opened storage management by right clicking my computer->manage where I found entire 250 GB as C drive.


try sys restore through safe mode command prompt


1.Restart your computer and press F8 after the POST screen to bring up the Windows XP boot menu.
2.Choose ‘boot in safe mode with command prompt.’
3.If your system gets to the command prompt successfully, type “‘%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe’ “ without quote and then press enter.
4.Follow the onscreen instructions to restore your computer to a previous saved point.

No comments: